Saturday, September 13, 2008

Obsolete

Last year, I was given the new 8GB iPod Touch for Christmas. It had come out in late October, I believe, so it was a big deal.
today I was looking around at stuff on the interent, and I found out that all the iPods have been revamped. Again. So now my iPod is old. And it hasn't even been a year since the concept debuted! Now there's a few fancy new features, and you can get the 16GB for less than my 8GB cost. The same thing happened to the iPhone. That was about a year old, and then boom, iPhone 3G.
And I still love my iPod. It's still my best technologic friend. But I'm just starting to wonder how relevant my iPod will be in 5 years. No doubt it'll look to everyone as one of the old clunkers of the 2nd or 3rd- or even 4th for that matter- generation iPod classics do to us now. And it's sort of boggling my mind. Things are advancing so rapidly. There are minimal changes, but they happen so quickly, and we just accept anything less than them to be a thing of the past. And I can't tell if it's good or bad.

No comments: